Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feeling so disconnected

So, for those of you who don't already know, I'm jobless and spend most of my days at home reading, knitting, watching TV or filling out job applications. Then, at night I head off to night class. Although I have stuff to always keep me productive and busy, I just feel so disconnected from everyone except my family (who I still live with) and Paul (who I talk to every night).

How do people stay connected? I spend time on Facebook reading peoples' updates and seeing what they're up to, but do people actually do that in return? Are there people out there who are really tracking my life through my status updates and the pictures I post? Are there those who really do secretly care what I'm up to and I just never realize it?

I'm just really feeling at a loss lately. I feel like I have so much time on my hand right now that I should be using that time to deepen friendships I had a year ago when I was living at college. If anyone has any idea on how to effectively do this, please chime in and leave a comment. It'd be a lot of help!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brandi!
    I know how you feel. This is a rough time in life, just waiting for a job to show up! I've had a really hard time, too, and have dealt with so much loneliness since graduation. It's hard to be the one without a job when everyone else seems so busy.

    I don't really have any effective ideas for you, but I agree with you that facebook seems to be our generation's glue!

    Just know that you're not alone, and I'm only a phone call/text message away :)

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete